Tuesday 27 August 2013

Better storage picture & speed sensor on recumbent

Since Stan whinged about it so much (I'll bet you've never heard so much misogyny and swearing from a northern physicist) here's a better image of my storage setup:


Since I've pretty much recovered from my arm operation I've swapped the trainer tyre for the Marathon Supreme on the recumbent, ready for riding tomorrow and/or at the weekend. I also found time to put the speed sensor back on the rear fork:


It's actually a speed + cadence sensor, but the recumbent setup prevents it from doing both jobs at once as the cranks are more than a metre away from the rear wheel. The cadence sensor is housed in the main body of the unit and the speed sensor on the arm. On a traditional upright bike there is overlap between the cranks and the wheel; not so on a recumbent or on a Brompton (16" wheels) for that matter.

Returning briefly to storage I used to hang my recumbent in my hallway when I had a cross bike (since sold) in the bedroom. I'm pretty sure I was testing the tolerances of the hoist as the recumbent is very heavy and guests told me that they feared to walk underneath it:


No comments:

Post a Comment