Thursday 24 October 2013

Endura Stealth Jacket

Hammerhead got funded and met the stretch goal!

I visited Edinburgh recently for a film festival and got to catch up with David from Laid Back Bikes as well as pay a visit to the local bike shops.
My first stop was Ronde Outfitters on the north side of town to see the Rapha Hardshell (the road.cc review recommends it as simply the best, though extremely expensive). They didn't have any unfortunately, so I couldn't even try one on!

Next I visited Edinburgh Bike Co-op and found they had Endura Stealth jackets in my size and in a non-black colour. It fit well, only a little tight, but I'm losing a bit of weight on this diet so hopefully it'll be a little looser come December.

So far I've worn it in fairly heavy rain at a decent temperature (~17 degrees) for about 15 minutes and at cooler temperature (~11) in the dry for an hour.

It's held up well so far in both scenarios. It didn't seem to let in a drop of the rain, except the obvious trickle in through the collar. When I got to the top of the hill I was quite hot but not sweaty. On the colder ride it was very warm indeed despite the wind so I had the vents open. Again it didn't feel clammy inside, which is pretty amazing as I sweat a great deal (even when I'm sat in an air-conditioned office doing nothing strenuous at all!)

I suspect I'll like it a little less on the Fuego, as the zip  on the collar is very stiff and may press into my throat with my head tilted forward. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment